Building a product-based website? The Product Laboratory will help find you brainstorm product ideas.
Here's a thread about writing romantic Kindle eBooks. Anyone tried this?
It can be pretty lucrative, although having said that the glory days are long gone. However it can still be lucrative.
The good news is that it takes very little money to get started. In fact you don't really need any startup funding at all, so this makes it potentially easier than CPA marketing, affiliate marketing or even starting your own niche blog or website.
So how do you get started with eBook story publishing? Basically it's not too different to making a niche blog. You need to find a niche, find some keywords and do a little bit of research to make sure the niche isn't saturated. Sounds familiar? It's pretty much the same thing you need to do before you make a niche blog!
You can definitely use Niche Laboratory to help with your niche research. Download Niche Laboratory Pro and you'll find that it has an adult keywords mode - just what you need to research some of the more lucrative niches out there! Did I say that Niche Laboratory Pro is the only keyword tool that will research grown up niches for you?
Your book needs to be about 3000 - 10000 words. Most erotic literature is written in the 1st person ("I tightened my belt") although you can also write in the 3rd person ("Jane rolled her stockings down").
Bear in mind that middle aged women are the biggest buyers of erotic fiction. However there are of course many other niche buyers. Again do your own research. Romance stories can sell as well as erotica. Romance stories tend to be longer and of course women are by far the biggest buyers of romantic novels.
When you come to publishing your book, most book sales are made though Amazon and for the Kindle eBook reader. So research how to write for and get published on Kindle.
You'll need to get an eBook cover - you can make these yourself or just get somebody to make one on Fiverr. Covers are really important!
Here's a couple of authors who are very successful. The first is Mindi Flyth. Her stories are in similar niches and deal with male to female transformation issues.
Nicki Crescent looks really successful - her success is likely to be largely down to her brilliant covers (made from stock photos).
Talking of stock photos - it can be risky using these for book covers but on the other hand a good cover WILL make you sell more copies.
As online marketers we're used to bans and smackdowns to bear in mind that Amazon can and will ban your eBooks (and maybe your entire account) if it gets complaints OR your stuff triggers their bots. So be careful what images and words you use.
Remember the human users as well. If your book is shoddy and has a lot of typos you're gonna get bad reviews and that will also reflect badly on your account.
You can publish stronger material but this is better put on more specialist niche sites. I won't link to them here but they do exist. Don't worry about losing sales because people interested in certain topics know that Amazon won't allow them so they know where to go...
If you want to find out more about the world of romantic novel publishing, check out reddit.com/r/eroticauthors/.
Tina from The Sexy Clothes Forum here. Our forum members love reading erotic tales. If you're a romantic story writer and want somewhere to promote your latest eBooks then feel free to post stuff here for us to look at. Advertising your tales of romance and intrigue is 100% free on our forum so you don't need an advertising and marketing budget - your words are all you need.
What topics do we like?
We're basically interested in anything. However, the following topics are especially popular with our core audience:
* Stories about clothing materials (latex, spandex, PVC, shiny, wet look, fur, velour).
* Stories about specific types of clothing (lingerie, panties, swimwear, shoes).
* General clothing related niches, e.g. zentai (bodysuits), superheroes, adult baby.
* General romance stuff that guys in particular will be interested in reading.
By and large we're a sensitive bunch. So we're much more interested in sensuous romantic stories.
How to promote your erotica on The Sexy Clothes Forum
1. Sign up and register for a FREE account here.
2. Check your email and click on the validation link (it may take a few minutes to arrive; also remember to check your spam folder).
3. Log into the forum and make at least 5 posts. I suggest you comment on existing posts rather than start new threads. By commenting on existing posts you get a feel for the place and what type of content our users love best.
4. For extra credibility, upload your account's Avatar so you look like a good quality poster.
5. Once you have made 5 posts you are then allowed to add links and photos to your posts. Use these to promote your eBooks and other products.
6. Make sure you post in the right sub-forum. We have a sub-forum for fiction and one for real life stories. Real life stories are VERY popular so don't forget that you could do well writing your memoirs.
7. I suggest you adopt a one story one thread approach to posting content. Remember if you have several threads you can link them to each other.
8. A good way to promote a story is to post the first chapter or two then show the reader a link where they can download the rest of the story. Alternatively why not give away a short story for free? If they like it, they'll want to buy more of your titles.
9. It would help us (and YOU) if you can only post unique content on the site. You'll be far more likely to get traffic to your thread if you post exclusive content there.
Avoid getting banned from our forum
1. Use good English.
2. Keep your posts on-topic.
3. Don't post brief generic comments that look like they're written by a robot (e.g. "I agree with this").
4. Contribute to the general discussions in the forum.
5. Please only promote your own products - we're not keen on affiliate links.
6. Absolutely no promotion of off-topic products such as pharmaceuticals, warez, weight loss or financial products.
Any questions? Post a reply to this thread on our forum or send me a PM through the site's messaging system.
No comments left yet - be the first to leave a comment.
The first 3 visitors to post a comment on this page get a free "dofollow" link to their own website!Leave A Comment